Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer Reading

I've enjoyed reading books on my own since learning to read in elementary school. My taste in books has changed progressively since then, of course, and lately I've struggled with finding decent books I'm interested in. Reading for classes and homework have kept me pretty occupied too, but this summer my schedule will be free and my reading shall (hopefully) pick up.
For my reading list, I'm thinking of trying Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte, as I read Wuthering Heights by her sister Emily this year. That seems a little ambitious though, so we'll see.
Another book I've been thinking about reading for really a long time now is Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I've liked several of her books and this one seems like it's got an interesting concept. It's non-fiction, but has great reviews (from my mother at least). Barbara Kingsolver and her family decided to live off food grown within a 100 mile radius of their home for a year, and this book is all about that, as well as interspersed with how the the agriculture industry has changed our eating habits.
As summer gets nearer, I'm going to add more books to my list, but for now, this is all I've got.

1 comment:

  1. I've read Wuthering Heights! It's really good!

    ReplyDelete