Wednesday, June 16, 2010

the end

Over the course of this year, we've read so many books and written so many blogs. The blogs have been a struggle--just to remember to do them. I did remember a great deal of them, and reading through them just now was kind of cool to see all we've worked on this year and my reflections on them. I never thought I'd ever be a blogger, but I guess I am now.
I find it funny how I sound in my posts, very informed and like I have important insight on the topics we covered. While writing them I never felt like I had a decent grasp on what I was analyzing, but looking back, it seems like I knew exactly what was going on. That could be because I don't remember how I misinterpreted things now that so much time has passed since I read The Jungle or whatever we were writing about.
Sometimes I really liked what I'd written, like in a post about life lessons, I wrote, "Now when I find myself in an altercation with someone, I reflect on the wise words of my elders and re-examine my actions, which generally deflates the situation, resolving the conflict in a much more peaceful manner." My concentrated use of big words makes that voice in my head sound sarcastic, and reminds me of the many times I spent rolling my eyes at the fact that I was blogging on a Friday night.
Some posts were more serious and heartfelt, like when I wrote about my best friend Zoe. I probably spent an hour and a half trying to make it perfect.
The overall theme of my blog could be summed up with a quote from Boxer, in Animal Farm: "I will work harder!" My struggling with this blog always made me mad, so whenever I forgot to write a blog, I'd scrawl on anything I could find "DO YOUR BLOG" so I might remember next time. It's been working for the most part, just in time for the very end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment